I can’t believe it’s already that time of year again, for the 3rd annual dog photo calendar contest! The competition will be held February 15, 2017, through March 31, 2017. 100% of all proceeds from the entries, voting, and sales of the calendar will go directly to Friends of Fido to assist the rescue dogs of Mahoning County Dog Pound in Youngstown, Ohio.
How does the contest work?
- Everyone within driving distance of Youngstown, Ohio is encouraged to submit your favorite photograph of your dog (or dogs).
- Entries are $5 each.
- Once your dog is entered into the contest, ask your friends and family to donate to the calendar fundraiser by purchasing votes. Each $1=1 vote.
- You can enter your dog anytime between 2/15/17 – 3/31/17. The sooner you enter, the more time you’ll have to gather votes.
- Voting starts as soon as your photo is received from 2/15/17 – 3/31/17.
- The top 13 dogs will be featured in the 2018 Friends of Fido calendar and each will have a professional photo session with Danielle Neil Photography in Boardman, Ohio, April 29th or 30th.
- The top vote-getter will be featured on the cover of the calendar!
- The additional 12 dogs will be featured on each month of the calendar.
- Calendars will go on sale in the Fall of 2017 and can be purchased online or at various Friends of Fido events around Mahoning County.
New for this year is the option to also reserve a special spot in the calendar for your dog! Honor your pup when you reserve an empty grid space for their photo that you upload. Each space is just $15 and are first come, first served. You just choose one favorite photo, select a month and make your donation. These spaces are available to anyone that would like to participate since you do not have to come for a photo session.
I’m so looking forward to meeting the 13 dogs I get the chance to photograph the 2018 calendar. And of course, I’m thrilled to help support Friends of Fido in any way I possibly can to help the dogs of Youngstown and Mahoning County!
Ready to enter? Use this link and see if your dog will be the top dog! http://www.gogophotocontest.com/friendsoffido2018